Monday, February 27, 2012

"My kids love it" Chicken Tortilla Soup

My kids aren't big on vegetables, go figure, lol, so I came up with this new version of my chicken tortilla soup, without a lot of veggies and they love it.
It's super easy and super delish.

1 carton of chicken broth
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 cups of water
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons dried cilantro
1/2 can diced tomatoes w/garlic and onion
1 teaspoon lime juice
2 pkgs. Tyson Southwest flavor chicken chunks
shredded cheese of your choice
diced avocado (optional) my kids like theirs without
tortilla chips

Add all ingredients except avocado, cheese & chips into a large soup pot or sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve over crushed tortilla chips and top with cheese and avocado. YUMMO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment